Here at GI Motorsport we can now offer fully programmable daughter boards for pre-’99 Subaru’s, this allows us to remap your car to it’s full potential with an ESL board. A summery of functions are below:
Feature List (Not Exhaustive):
- Low cost (GBP295/USD450)
- Suitable for all turbocharged Imprezas
- Only option for Legacy RSB/GTB
- Only option for AT Forester
- MAF/MAFless load switchable in software
- User Switchable Maps (Full, not offsets)
- Closed Loop Knock Control
- Closed Loop Idle
- Injector overrun cut off
- Software fully windows integrated, modern, object oriented, multi-threaded, live updates.
- Factory drive quality out of the box.
- Comprehensive closed loop knock control.
- 3D boost mapping – no boost controller required.
- Can be remapped to incorporate further modifications.
- Full OEM Diagnostic control codes.
- International dealer support network.
- Standard hot and cold start compensations.
- Closed loop narrowband lambda control (idle and light cruise).
- No additional harness
- All Sensors and actuators exposed, will work with any specification
- Installation Service available
- Motorsport features to follow: ALS, LC, Flat Shift
SAVE MONEY – GET MORE!
The OEM JECS ECU is the most capable ECU you can use with your Version 1 -4 Impreza!
Consider the amount Subaru will have spent developing and testing it specifically for that model range and compare that to the likely budget of an aftermarket manufacturer.
Find another ECU with useful real world features such as closed loop knock control so comprehensive that it can retard ignition, add fuel and modify boost.
How many after market ECUS feature full active diagnostics and 3D boost mapping?
The only major disadvantage of the OEM JECS ECU was its inability to be reflashed. Thats where the ESL Live daughterboard comes in. It allows the numbers in the OEM ECU to be changed to control fuelling, ignition, boost, sensor and actuator swaps (MAF, MAP, turbo, injector, etc). ESL Live will grow with any future modifications you have planned. It is the complete solution for any engine specification.
The best part – At £295+VAT and mapping it is very much cheaper than any of the aftermarket replacement ECUs, and a national distributor network means local support for the product. Don’t be fooled into paying over the odds for a replacement ECU that is less capable than the one you already have in the car. This is a rare situation where you really can save money yet get more.